Living The Sweet Life: Mango Porcupine

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mango Porcupine

You have to go a long way to find something that tastes better then a ripe mago.  I love them.  I've gotten some friends into them and I've promised to do a quick video on how to cut them into porcupines so that they're easy to eat as a snack.  I buy a big box of nine mangos from Costco and pull them out of the fridge one by one, or two by two if I have to share them, and let the ripen for the day on the window sill.  They will be slightly soft when they're ready to cut and eat.  When I was in Hawaii, they made Mango Bread, it's thier more tropical version of our Bananna Bread.  It was wonderful!  There is a very popular highly rated recipe for Mango Bread at All Recipes.  Give it a try, I know you'll love it!

So here's the "how-to" on cutting one just right.


My next video will be on how to sharpen knives.
Enjoy your tasty, healthy, low calorie Mangos.

No comments:

Post a Comment