Living The Sweet Life: Salsa Chicken

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Salsa Chicken

It's no surprise that if your trying to eat healthy chicken is your best friend. It never amazes me what you can do with it. I like to think of it as a blank canvas. My mission for the last couple of years had been making chicken taste like something it's not and I'm getting pretty good at it!



Salsa Chicken

One can of Mushroom Soup (can be low fat)
One package of Taco Seasoning Mix (I use half the package)
One cup of Salsa (go wild)
1/2 cup sour cream (can be low fat)
Four boneless, skinless, chicken breasts

Here's what to do:

1. Mix the soup, salsa and seasoning in your slow cooker.
2. Add the chicks and slow cook until done, that will depend on your cooker
3. Remove from the heat and add sour cream just before serving. Most times I don't even add the sour cream because I forget or don't have it.

Serve with rice or pasta. (you can think whole grains while I'm thinking white rice and lots of butter)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, nice blog!!!
    I just have to add on here, i just made it today for me and Tay and WOW!!!! It was really good! He just loved it!!! my slow cooker kinda burnt the edge but it was ok, man i love slow cookers it was so easy!. Thanks again!!!! talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you two liked it. I've used that pot before and it gets really hot. We need to find you a new one that's not so high tech.

    ReplyDelete