Living The Sweet Life: Cupcakes $3

Monday, August 17, 2009

Cupcakes $3


This we made our way to Vancouver's famed "Robson Street". While we sat people watching in Starbucks (another expensive addiction) this is what we saw across the street. This cute little shop, a few shops from the corner was simply called "Cupcakes". A steady stream of locals and tourists could not resist walking by this place without going in. Cupcakes with names like Sweet Sixteen, Lemon Drop, Lava Flow and Obsession - yum.

After my "meltdown" Friday about finding a healthy balanced lifestyle I was wondering what I was doing when I heard myself ordering up a "Confetti Cupcake". I didn't even remember getting in line I was picking mine out the second I saw them. Vanilla cake, butter cream icing to die for and confetti on top - it was like a celebration and oh so good. While I sat eating that cupcake I celebrated and I vowed to enjoy it, and get to the gym Monday morning and be happy that about it.

I'm happy to report that I did just that and while I was running I was thinking about how good that thing was and worth every last calorie! Highly recommended as a motivation to work out! I'll admit it, I was already on recipe sites today searching for the perfect buttercream icing. I have since decided against making a batch of 24 cupcakes to have at home.  Really, I'm over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment